Be Still Banner

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I Can't Sleep!

It is getting harder to sleep. My belly is constantly itching, back hurting, and when I wake up for my 4:00am vitals, I am up for an hour & a half. Then residents & nurses keep bothering me all morning (when I am finally getting back to sleep). Most people would say, "Nap during the day." However, I am not a napper... and if I do, then I can't fall asleep at night! It's a vicious circle. Others would say, "Get used to it! You aren't going to be sleeping much when the babies come!" To them I say, yes but then it's for a reason that I can hold in my arms. Now, I just feel like an uncomfortable hospital patient - watching the clock. Well, this wasn't a very cheery blog. I am very happy during the day, and all things are going well for the babies! The night isn't my friend though!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to come see me so I can write you a prescription for a matress that will get you to the land of snore. Delivery the next day or its FREE!!

Anonymous said...

I have a prescription for myself from the Sleep Dr. It says take one a night, starting tonight, repeat as necessary

Old School said...

you can't nap during the day because Production of melatonin by the pineal gland is under the influence of the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the hypothalamus (SCN) which receives information from the retina about the daily pattern of light and darkness. In other words It's just to light out, that doesn't help

Anonymous said...

Or maybe it's those 3 little girls in your belly kickin' your innards that are keeping you awake

Triplet Mom said...

Actually the girls sleep great! They never bother me during the night. I just think my body is maxed out! My doctor today said, "So you're going to the end of August, right?" I laughed! I am proving to be a miracle of God, but I'm not that miraculous!

Anonymous said...

Wow....Ron sure did some research there-impressive!! Stac, I think you should just have me come by more!! :)

Anonymous said...

Just hope you aren't me -- Read my story!!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13838028/?GT1=98307

Anonymous said...

I hope that doesn't happen to us!

Old School said...

Stacey,

talking to devo makes you sleepy? I thought trying to keep up with Brad made you sleepy