Be Still Banner

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

We are Going to Make it Through

I write this post today as I spend the day sick at home. I'm finding this season of my life challenging. Like many of you, I'm trying to juggle working a demanding full-time job, raising triplet juniors in high school, and managing chronic illnesses (my own and Sophie's). Currently I'm busy learning a new job, planning a medical education scholarship conference, writing articles, scheduling college visits for my girls, picking out prom dresses, managing doctor's appointments, volunteering for the school musical, traveling to softball tournaments, going to physical therapy, trying to pay attention to my husband, and lastly trying to squeak in some time for things I enjoy (friends and family). I'm tired... but I am also so grateful for my life!  I don't want to rush my girls' years of growing up, AND I don't regret getting my degrees and my job.

However, some days I want to just quit... I want to stay in bed and sleep all day. Today is one of those days. When I get sick, I know it's God's (and my body's) way of forcing me to slow down and rest. So that is what I'm doing. I guess that is why this is my favorite verse:


As I was posting on my Facebook site "Moms on Bed Rest" I came across this song I shared with the moms and I realized I needed it too today. Maybe you do to! We are going to make it through because God is with us and for us.



1 comment:

Lori Helmholdt said...

You are kind, patient and loving! You’re an inspiration to us all! Take the time to take care of yourself. Love you! 😘