Be Still Banner

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Pressing My Buttons

As Brad sits up in my hospital room and continually presses my buttons both figuratively and literally (the up/down buttons on my bed) I reflect:

Throughout my life there has always been someone there to "press my buttons." Growing up, it was my sister Chelle. She said she was just trying to make me tougher. Maybe she was right. I was well prepared when I became a teacher, and the fifth graders were always trying to "press my buttons." (Especially the boys). Then I married Brad! As with 5th graders, he LOVES to press my buttons! However through all of this, I have always had a great measure of patience. I am now wondering... is God preparing me for 3 Bradettes that are going to press my buttons?!

6 comments:

shellbell said...

hey Stacey! I just found out about your blog through Michelle's blog(it's a fun 'world' to be a part of)...I'm sorry that you have to be on bed rest and more sorry that you can't have better things than day-time television to entertain you! ;) Can't wait to meet your girls! Be praying for you!
blessings,
Shelly

Michelle said...

Sorry I was such a giant turd back in the day. It was all part of my evil plan.:)

Michelle said...

to answer the proposed question-- will the Bradettes press your buttons? Yes, Yes, and wait for it......Yes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey!
So you are now in the blog world. Very cool! I'm glad that I can read up on how you are doing. Brent and I are keeping your family in our prayers.
I have a blog too, but I can't remember how to get to it. I think it's kmoney24. Check it out!
Love ya
Kristyn

Anonymous said...

after spending a weekend with the bradettes I would think I might like them more

Old School said...

Brad can spend some time, at least one weekend a month at my house when the bradettes get older, talk about pushing buttons