Be Still Banner

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Sickness Saga Continues



So, after I got back from church this morning, I walk in the house and there is a funny odor. I ask Brad and he says, "Yeah, after you left Sophie puked up the orange Gatorade all over the carpet."

I ask, "Where is she?"
"She is sleeping on the floor in the playroom."
This is not good. She hadn't kept any fluids down for 2 days now and keeps running a fever.
Off the the ER we go.

At the ER they take a chest x-ray, put in a catheter, attempt an IV in one arm, and get it successfully in the other arm. The whole time Sophie was so brave. She just cried and said, "All done!" over and over again.

The diagnosis: On top off the ear infection and Croup, Sophie has pneumonia and she was dehydrated.

I got home at around 6:00p and Olivia was not looking too good. She also doesn't have tears when she cries - and very dry diapers most the day. Looks like off to the doctor with her tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Prayers for you and your girls. When mine are all sick (especially as sick as yours are), I keep repeating "This too shall pass..." You will make it through!

Unknown said...

...and I think I have it bad when I have one sick - fever and sore throat...Strep throat????? The worst part is dragging all four to the germ filled doc's office.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today.