Be Still Banner

Monday, February 05, 2007

"Date Night"

Once again we were out of formula and a bunch of other things so we had a "typical" date night. Some nice people come over and watch the girls and we go out to dinner and shopping. This past Friday Gary, the tool man, and Julie Theule watced the girls. They had twins about 22 years ago so they are pros at this sort of thing.



They arrived right at "snack time" so we left them to feed the girls some cereal and a small bottle. They love the cereal. Especially when we mix it with some fruit baby food. They are eating some sort of vegetable with their lunch now too. Lately it has been sweet peas. They look and smell rotten but they seem to like them!

So we went to Sam's club and bought another carton of formula - six huge cans of store brand formula that last us a little over 4 days each. We ended up hitting 4 stores Friday including getting groceries.

We can't complain too much though because the two weekends prior we actually went out with friends. Thanks to all those who help out by watching our girls!



Grandpa Fig and Evie



















For Ron, my first ever run at Footstock which, to my great luck, happened to be against, then reigning champ, Chris Van Zeeland

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of formula! Isnt it great when they get on solid food! YAY, Triplets!...growing up so quickly.

Just think, in about a year, you'll be ordering three happy meals.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Gary & Julie are great!What a great lookin grandpa Fig and of course Evie is adorable!!

Michelle said...

I can do without that last photo.
really, I can.

Anonymous said...

Stacey, My friend Dawn who knitted the bunnies for the girls and I would like to babysit for a "date night". Just give us a call-Love
Aunt Micki

Anonymous said...

Stacey, My friend Dawn who knitted the bunnies for the girls and I would like to babysit for a "date night". Just give us a call-Love
Aunt Micki

Anonymous said...

My word, it's hard to believe those three were once in your belly! Good grief, they're getting huge. Won't it be nice when you can cook them regular food, no matter how much they complain? If they complain too much, I'll send some school lunches over. That'll put a stop to that. But I suppose that's a LITTLE way off! They sure are sweet. I hope you're soaking up every single second, because they're growing like weeds, and will be dating before you know it.

MiniMe Mom said...

Chuck E Cheese, here we come!

Anonymous said...

Jamie thanks for the NOISIEST JUMPER EVER!!!! Why does it have to be so loud? Our other one makes almost no sound but that one you brought over could wake the dead! I won't put a girl in that one unless the other one has one in it. Stacey gets mad at me for that.

MiniMe Mom said...

We always had the sound on, which kind of drown out the jumping. Beggers can't be choosers.

Anonymous said...

Oh, snap! Minime scores from the blue line! I heard Target's got those on sale for nine gajillion dollars if you'd like to pick one up. I'd guess they're made out of gold.
Interesting background story you've got there, Stuart. I thought Stacey was the teacher on sabbatical. Either that or the triplets have taken a much heavier toll on Stacey than we all thought. In that case I'd advise her to put her old picture back up in the "about me" section. Is "sabbatical" supposed to be capitalized? Methinks it is. Discuss.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking a mischevious sister of Stacey's may have changed that profile and picture.

I don't think sabbatical is supposed to be capitalized.

And to Jamie, sound? I make a point not to have batteries in the house for toys that make sound. Doubtful I'll ever put batteries in that thing.

Michelle said...

no battery operated toys, hmmm?...good to know.

Triplet Mom said...

Battery operated isn't bad, battery extra noise is

Old School said...

again nice work brad, I also have footed against him

Old School said...

Dougie was notorious for giving my kids the loudest toys made that took the most batteries legally possible to put in a childs toy.

Michelle said...

I'll have to find out where Dougy shops and of course, buy three of each item!

Michelle said...

Oh Triplet Dad, you just couldn't keep your mug on the profile, huh?

and Stacey was the one who capitalized sabbatical in the first place.

hmmph!

MiniMe Mom said...

I'm bummed I missed the new profile....

Anonymous said...

Darn! I missed the profile pic too!See what I miss when I go to bible study! :)

I come back and there's a gazillion comments on the Triplet Blog!

tami said...

I hear ya Nicole. I love the polka dot towel in the picture though. Hmmm, looks familar.

tami said...

I really hate to agree with Brad, BUT we mysteriously never have batteries on hand to replace in toys, I don't take them out though.