Be Still Banner

Sunday, June 12, 2022

I'm Back!

It has been eleven years since I have written on this blog. Yup, the days are long, but the years have flown by! My girls are now fifteen years old and they are about to get their driver's licenses in a month!

So why am I going back to writing on this blog again? I am no longer on bedrest, my girls are teenagers, and I'm not sure anyone is following this blog anymore. The reason is quite exciting! I am publishing a devotional for pregnant mothers on bedrest! It took me ten long years to get it done, but it is going into print soon!

God put it on my heart eleven years ago to start writing a devotional for women on bed rest. I started writing the first few devotions with excitement. I laced together my stories, words from God, reflections on faith, and bed rest survival tips. But then life happened. I struggled with chronic illness. I went back to school to get my doctorate in teacher education, and I was a working mom. The progress on the devotional was slow... until the pandemic hit in 2020. I was again in lock-down, but this time it wasn't bedrest. I had extra time and God whispered, "Finish the devotional." I answered the call.

Now clearly I have a job, and I am not publishing to get rich. My goal and my prayer is to get this devotional into the hands of pregnant mothers on bedrest all over the world. I don't know how it is going to happen, but I trust God has a plan. I wait with anticipation, and let's be honest a little anxiety, as he unfolds it before me.

So, welcome back or welcome to my blog for the first time! I am going to give you all updates on the devotional, Be Still. I'm also going to share my adventures in trying to become a published author out in the world, share more fun stories of being a mom of triplet teenage girls, and share reflections on my faith. I'm also excited to hear from you all too!

2 comments:

Aunt Micki said...

So proud of you Stacey. Hearing and listening to God’s voice comes when we take the time to be silent. Eager to gear where He leads you next. Live you

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Way to go Stacey! You’ll have to talk to Ben - he’s working on publishing a book too and I’m sure he’d love to know some tricks of the trade, since you’re just a step ahead of him. Best wishes with getting your devotional out there. A little late for my niece, as her triplets just graduated, but I’m sure she’d love to own a copy too!