Be Still Banner

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cabin Fever

Before the sun came out and the weather got a little warmer, the girls and I were getting cabin fever. So I decided we would do something fun, silly, or educational every day... to break up the monotony.

These are pictures of Polka-Dot Day. They still talk about this day. We simply wore polka-dot clothes, and ate polka-dot foods. The girls had fun finding polka-dot pieces in the closet to wear. They even picked out my clothes for the day. Hot pink polka-dot skirt and shirt.



One night when Brad was gone we made fruit-loop necklaces. The girls worked hard to string the cereal on the yarn. I had to help a lot, but it was good fine motor practice for them. Then we read library books as they ate their necklaces.

Back in January we went to Great Wolf Lodge. The girls all received a wristband to wear while at the hotel. Evie loved her wristband... I mean LOVED it! She never took it off. However, last week while giving her a bath I noticed she had a rash on her wrist under the wristband. Sadly it was time to cut it off. She cried with such hurt feelings... it broke my heart. But, by morning she was over it.


Just a silly picture of Sophie and Olivia. They are quite the hams sometimes!

4 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

Where is the picture of you in polka dots? :-)

fig said...

Oh Evie, I thought it was so cool that you still had your wrist band on. I felt kind of bad that I had taken mine off. I am glad her rash has cleared up or I would have had to mix up something from the pharmacy for her.

braaaaaaaaaad said...

It's still kinda there Fig. A week later.

Grandma H said...

What fun! Wish I would have been a fun mom like you. Your dad says I was but not quite as creative as you I guess. Maybe we'll have to call GWL about Evie's rash and get a free stay!:)