Be Still Banner

Saturday, December 12, 2009

PB & J


When I make a meal, it is what it is... If I am serving chicken nuggets, that's what they are getting. If I am serving lasagna, that's what they are getting. Sometimes I give them a choice of three things to eat for lunch - but we all decide on one thing, because I am not going to make 3 different things!

There is one exception to the rule... PB & J sandwiches. If that is on the menu for a meal, I let the girls pick how they want their sandwich made. This is how it usually rolls out...

Olivia - On soft bread, just peanut butter.
Evie - On crunchy toast, just peanut butter.
Sophie - On cruncy toast, peanut butter and strawberry jam.

That's right... all different. They rarely want to do things the same :)

I will not, however, cut off the crusts. If they don't eat all of the crust - fine. But I will not make extra work for myself by cutting it off. Plus, I want them to be used to sandwiches with crust on them. Sometimes they eat the whole thing crust and all.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

one word. corny-corn beef. :) shall I whip you up a batch?

Triplet Mom said...

Ha! Chelle, you got me there! I believe Mom always let me have PB & J when she served up that slop! I have decided long ago, that when my girls get older they get 1 out. They can pick one dish that they absolutely detest, and they can have a PB & J out. Good thing I will not EVER be making corny corn beef!

Olivia, Evie, and Sophie said...

We have sandwiches, not "circles", at our house Grandma!

Anonymous said...

"circles" are special funsies that Grandma (or aunt Chelle) can give.

fig said...

Don't forget to add the chips to the PB an J.

Grandma H said...

I'm with Auntie Chelle. Special treats are ok at Grandmas and Aunties house.