Be Still Banner

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Best Birthday Gifts Ever!


Well I got one of the best birthday presents ever... Landing at Detroit Airport at 12:03am Monday, March 17th!

They called Brad and Sarah to go on a flight that left at 9:10pm on Sunday night. Don't ask, "Why Brad and Sarah?" I have no clue. But I did learn that if you ask the desk people if you could go instead of a spouse... they bite your head off! Then, they threaten Brad and Sarah to board the plane in 30 seconds or they will give the tickets to someone else!!!

Anywho, so Bill and I had to wait yet again to go on stand-by for the last of 7 flights to Detroit that day (10:05pm). My guts were torn, I had been in the bathroom all day due to nervous guts. Bill and I were praying fervently that we would get called for this last flight. However, I was thinking we would be staying in a hotel that night and flying out in the morning. They called 4 stand-by people before us... I was sweating. Then, they called Fennema! Yes! Wait, what if I am the only one left behind? Minutes seemed like hours... then, Pylman! Bill and I were literally jumping, yelling, and skipping down the skywalk to the plane! Thank you Lord!

We got home 3:00am on Monday morning. I slept into 10:30, and was greeted in bed by my three precious girls! What a great birthday present! Although, then Sophie wouldn't leave my side all day. She had a hard time with my absence - now she has separation anxiety.

We topped off the night with supper at Uccellos. All I can say is "Delicious Free Birthday Strawberry Shortcake Dessert!"

Happy St. Patty's Day! - late

2 comments:

Anna said...

Welcome home and happy belated birthday! What a crazy trip!! Can't wait to see you next week!

Stacy said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad you finally got home.