Be Still Banner

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Sick House!

This post is not for the squimish!

Oh, let me just tell you about my week so far. It will make you laugh. Monday morning I went in my girl's bedroom and it smelled like barf. Yep, Evie puked all over in her bed. I cleaned her up, got her crib stripped of the sheets etc., put them in the washer, and jumped in the shower. I got out and checked on the girls. She was crying. She crawls to me and falls on my foot. Poop EVERYWHERE! All over my foot. I quickly run my foot under water in the tub, strip her of her clothes, and start giving her a bath. The other girls are screaming because they want a bath! The laundry is done, I put the bedding back on her crib, and Sophie is laying on the floor. All the suddent she barfs! My mom picks her up and it shoots out everywhere! (Yes I called my mom by now!) All over my living room carpet! I clean that and put a playyard gate around it, and put the girls down for their nap. They wake up with poop all over in their cribs! Back in the washing machine everything goes. This continues all day.

Now you may be wondering about Olivia. Fast forward to 7am the next morning. Evie is crying. I go in there - yep, poop all over in her crib again. I strip the sheets, change her clothes, and quickly through a sheet back on to put her back to bed. The others wake up to look at me, but fall back asleep. 9am I hear Olivia crying. Time to get them all up for breakfast.
I walk in the room and it smells like barf. Yep, Olivia had puked all over in her crib. She was covered, the Bunny she was hugging was covered. Peas & carrots everywhere! I give her a bath, get them all in their seats for breakfast, shake out her sheet outside and do more laundry (including the poopy sheets from Evie). I put them back on their cribs
before nap time & when they get up Sophie and Evie have leaked poop on their sheets again. This continues all day.

Now today... This morning I changed 6 diarrhea diapers in the first hour, and Olivia wasn't even up yet. In the second hour Evie had a total of 8 diaper changes (two of which were filled before I even got the tabs velcroed on!) Currently they should all be sleeping, but I don't know for how long! Yes, they all have the runs. They are now on a liquid diet of Pedialyte, and they are VERY crabby and ALL want me to hold them. This isn't possible!

Can you say "Loosing my mind?"

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Braaaad better not be doing anything that includes any kind of ball tonight!!!!!! You want some help????

Michelle said...

I second Nizer's statement, except for the part about helping ;)

I am so sorry sissy, I have always feared this day would come for you, I will pray that you make it through and that the gals improve 100 percent by tomorrow----oh, and that you and Mother don't get the barf bug.

hang in there!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I won't be coming home tonight. Call me when you are all better.

HA!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, Stacey! My heart goes out to you...and some much needed prayers, I'm sure!

After reading your post, I felt tired! Hang in there, girlfriend!

Poor little sweet peas!

Michelle said...

I just read this post again.

shake out her sheet outside

ewwwww!

MiniMe Mom said...

Yikes...and to think I wanted to visit them this week. I shudder at the thought of all that throw-up.


Hang in there- hope they are doing better soon!

Anonymous said...

Yes that brings back a memory of a sweet little girl who helped me get out of a family reunion because she "didn't feel good". Awesome I thought because there was a MSU vs Michigan basketball game on that night. I would be the one to sacrifice and stay home with poor Stacey. Half way thru the game everything was going great. MSU is ahead and Stacey is just sitting in the corner doing nothing. Strange! The second half, and the most important part of the game, everything went down hill. You guessed it, I, the fig, had to clean everything up. I saw none of the second half, would not eat potatos for about 6 months, and have been complaining ever since. It is nasty now, Min, but it will be a story that will give you sympathy for the rest of your life. That was some nice bonding.

Sonny Huisman said...

I can't even imagine! All three - all at the same time! It's bad enough with one!

I'm so sorry! Hang in there girlie, and take one day at a time . . . OK, make that one hour at a time!

I'm praying for you!

Sonny Huisman said...

Oh, by the way, if you have enough matress pads and sheets, you can double up. EX:matress pad, sheet, matress pad, sheet.

That way, you only need to take the top layer off, and underneath is a clean on ready to go!

Crib sheets are such a pain to change.

This tip also comes in handy when they start to sleep in undies . . . for the occasional accident.

It's worth investing in the extra bedding!

Unknown said...

Oh Stacey...I couldn't do it. I would be outside of the house and on the phone at the first smell. I don't do barf, I call Mike home so he can clean it up

I hope by now that the girls are feeling better. Thank goodness for moms!!!

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Wow, what can I say besides "It can only get better!"

Anonymous said...

Hey Fig, I got another good sob story. Braaaad had this squits (he was a baby :-) I had to go away, Ed could not bring himself to change the diaper. He just wrapped another diaper around the icky one - these were the days of cloth diapers and rubber pants - poor little kid, his legs stuck straight out sideways. Ah, ain't parenthood wonderful?

Michelle said...

Gotta love a good Baby Bart story!

Nice one Ed!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ed. He can gut out a bear but not change a diaper. That explains a lot about Brad and why he has to go - go - go in more ways than one.

Stacy said...

I'm hoping that you are going to the reunion just for the sake of a night out.

Anna said...

Oh Stacey...I have been there, and "this too shall pass" Sigh. Nothing more I can say. Prayers for you all! Love!