Be Still Banner

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Adventures of Olivia, Evie, & Sophie


Hello!

We triplets are now over 3 weeks old and have been eating, sleeping, pooping, and growing!

But that's not all, in the last 2 weeks, our daddy and mommy took us on a few new excursions. We took our first stroller ride through the neighborhood, enjoyed some "tummy time", and took a car ride out to Payne Lake on Labor Day. We attracted quite a crowd of gawkers out at the cottage and we didn't even get out of the Mini-Van!! After that, we were quite pooped (figuratively and literally) and it was time to get back to our normal routine.

We eat every three hours and try to sleep between feedings, but occasionally we must squawk and fuss. Mommy says the "honeymoon" period is almost over as we don't always want to go back to sleep or settle down right away after meals.

At the last weigh in (a week ago) we grew like weeds!
Olivia 5 lbs. 3.5 oz.
Evie 5 lbs. 3 oz.
Sophie 4 lbs. 12.5 oz.


Sophie in the swing

Our favorite activities include: Baths from Daddy, nursing from Mommy, and all the hugs and love from Auntie Michelle (hmmm....I wonder who helped us write this)

Thank you again for all your prayers, meals, words of encouragement and love!
Tummy time (clockwise from top) Sophie, Olivia, and Evie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs.P,
Your wild ride is cool but it looks to big to push.
Hannah Burkhart

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,
What precious bundles you have there. it brings back memories for me. Great memories and some tired ones. I am sure you are very busy and not thinking about school too much. We miss you but are so happy you are doing what you are doing now.
Thinking of you often!
Renee Nieuwsma

Anonymous said...

If you think these are "big" adventures just wait. The grandpas want to take them bear hunting.

Anonymous said...

Please post a picture of Ross with the babies.

Anonymous said...

That's it! I must get over there and see these three. They are something else. I hope you are surviving...how could you not; they are the sweetest things ever. As soon as I get a "routine" of my own, I will pop over and meet them...finally. Maybe I can get a Vista carivan together, it won't be very big as there are few of us nutcases left. I can't wait to see you, and Olivia, Evie and Sophie. Maybe I'll bring them a puppy as a present. With a stroller that size you need to walk a dog along side. Love you guys, and I pray that you're getting a little sleep. Kiss the muffins, I'll see you SOON!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I have not been by yet to meet them! We are curently frantically looking for a place to live as we will be homeless in a few short weeks and neither one of us particularly want to live in our cars! They look fantastic and I hope that you and Brad are able to keep your head above water! Talk to you soon:)

Anonymous said...

I THINK THE ONLY BEARS THESE LITTLE ONES ARE GOING TO HUNT ARE TEDDY BEARS. SORRY GRAMPS

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,
I can't wait to come and see those cute little girls. I hope to come by soon. I miss you at school, but I am so happy for you!

Lisa Van Hofwegen